The Spin City Advanced Aerial Hoop Instructor Course will challenge your strength and flexibility, while further exploring dynamic movement.
Please note – a minimum ceiling height of 3.5 metres is recommended to enable you to complete some of the practical elements contained within this course.
ONLINE COURSE COST: £325
FACE-TO-FACE COURSE COST: £395
Questions about the course? Click on the headings below for more information, or contact us.
Course requirements and pre-requsites
You will need:
- to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older
- to hold a Spin City Intermediate Aerial Hoop Instructor Course certificate, or equivalent certificate
- a minimum of 3 years’ aerial hoop experience (recommended)
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 aerial hoop, safely rigged in an appropriate training environment (a ceiling height of 3.5 meters is recommended for this course)
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
- at least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older)
The practical elements of this course will concentrate on three different elements of advanced training.
- Advanced hoop moves
- Dynamic movement – beats and rolls
- Dynamic movement – drops
Firstly, we will begin by covering the final block of moves in our core syllabus with the focus at this level on strong postural alignment, clean execution and bilateral training in all movements. This will be followed by an in-depth look at dynamic movement; we will be increasing the difficulty level of the rolls covered in our Intermediate course then adding on the core advanced drops, both top to bottom bar and drops that move between two different grip points.
The theory side of the advanced training course will examine principles of injury prevention and management. Our advanced teaching and coaching unit looks at how your role as an instructor will develop as students move into a more autonomous stage of their training and how you can foster creativity safely in a class environment. The final unit focuses on health and safety considerations when working with advanced level classes.
Advanced hoop units:
- Introduction to advanced aerial hoop
- Advanced hoop moves
- Dynamic movement
- Injury prevention
- Advanced teaching and coaching
- Advanced health and safety
Course moves list
- Skin the Cat
- Full Back Balances – Stag, Arch, and Plank
- Single Leg Scarab – double hand and split grip
- Full Shoulder Stands – Gazelle, Stag/Splits, and Pike
- Extended Hocks Splits (from hocks hang, from splits under the bar)
- Hip Hold Splits (from splits under the bar and from front balance fold)
- Inside Out Splits
- Jigsaw (top bar and bottom bar)
- Horizon Splits
- Russian Split/Lever Split (from chard and skin the cat)
- Foot Hang
- Heel Hang
- Beat to Tuck Through
- Beat to Straddle Through
- Beat to Single Leg Cradle
- Beat to Pike Pop Off
ADVANCED ROLLING MOVEMENTS
- Russian Mount
- Around the World Pike and Straddle
- Hip Roll
- Full Mill Wheel
- Cradle Roll Out
- Barrel Roll
DROPS/FULL RELEASE MOVES
- Single Knee Pop Drop
- Hocks on Top Slide and Drop to Front Balance
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course (Units 1-6). Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.
|Part 1: Teaching Moves. Teach 3 individual moves from the course to at least 1 student of a suitable ability level.
Part 2: Combination of Moves. Demonstrate a combination of 5 moves from the course syllabus.
Part 3: Core Moves Technique and Execution. Perform each of the core course moves.
Face-to-face learners will have the opportunity to complete their course within the course weekend.
ADVANCED AERIAL HOOP CORE MOVES
Compulsory moves required for technical assessment
- Full Back Balance of your choice form the course.
- Full Shoulder Stand of your choice form the course.
- Split Move of your choice form the course (Extended Hocks Splits, Hip Hold, Inside Out Split, Russian Splits, Poisson, Jigsaw, or Horizon Splits)
- Beat Combination of your choice form the advanced beats list above.
- Dynamic Rotational Move of your choice from the advanced rolling movements list above
- Dynamic Rotational Move – alternative rolling movement to the choice from the previous move.
- Drop of your choice from the full release moves list above.