The Spin City Aerial Hoop Beginners Instructor Course will cover the fundamental skills of aerial hoop to build a strong base of knowledge in your students to help them fly. From basic mounts and seats up to an introduction to dynamic movement; this course will provide a syllabus that will allow you to ensure the safe progression of your students.
All moves in this course are demonstrated on a single point aerial hoop.
ONLINE COURSE COST: £325
FACE-TO-FACE COURSE COST: £395
Questions about the course? Click on the headings below for more information, or contact us.
Please note: Spin City courses are designed to certify you to teach adult participants over the age of 18 and you must be over the age of 18 to become certified.
Course requirements and pre-requisites
You will need:
- to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older
- a minimum of 1 years’ aerial hoop experience (recommended)
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 aerial hoop, safely rigged in an appropriate training environment
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
- at least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older)
- basic first aid and anatomy knowledge is also recommended
The theory section of this course will give you a range of teaching and coaching techniques to make you a confident and effective instructor, supported by relevant fitness theory covering safe warm ups and cool downs. We will also cover the practical aspects of running your classes, from business plans to session plans.
In the practical section, you will learn the first part of the Spin City aerial hoop syllabus, a series of strength and conditioning techniques to help your students progress and we will complete your practical training with combinations, sequences and equipment-specific conditioning.
Coaching module units:
- Running your own business
- Choosing a venue
- Health and safety
- Class planning
- Teaching and coaching
- Combinations and choreography
- Warming up
- Strength and conditioning for beginners (ground-based)
- Cooling down
Hoop module units:
- Introduction to beginners hoop
- Mounts, dismounts & basic poses
- Beginners skills and seats
- Beginners progression skills
- Introducing dynamic movement
- Beginners hoop combinations
- Aerial hoop strength and conditioning
Course moves list
MOUNTS AND BASIC MOVES UNDER THE BAR
- Open delilah
- Candlestick Hocks hang
- Side climb mount
- Straddle mount and dismount
- Pike mount and dismount
- Stag seat
- Figure 4 seat
- Scissor seat
- Secretary seat
- Man in the moon
- Splits away
- Reverse angel
- High arabesque
- Side star
- Single leg cradle
- Standing up from owl
- Splits under the bar
BEGINNERS PROGRESSION SKILLS
- Birds nest
- Star on the bar
- Crescent moon
INTRODUCING DYNAMIC MOVEMENT
- Hanging beats from hocks
- Full hanging beats
- Mini millwheel
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment. Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate for each module of the course.
Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course across both modules. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.
- Class Introduction. Deliver an introduction for a typical aerial class, as outlined in the course module.
- Warm Up. Deliver a full warm up, as outlined in the course module.
- Conditioning. Teach a ground-based conditioning move, using the techniques covered in the course module.
- Cool Down. Deliver a full cool down, as outlined in the course module.
- Practical demonstration. Perform a continuous sequence of five moves from the hoop syllabus.
- Teaching demonstration. Teach three individual moves from the module to at least one student of a suitable ability level.
Online learners will have 1 year from the date you enrol onto the course to complete the online study and assessment.
Face-to-face learners will have the opportunity to complete their course within the course weekend.