This course has been discontinued from sale as of the end of 2023. Learners with active courses can complete their study using the button below.
This course will provide what we would call progressive footlock skills, that may feature a more complicated wrap, a less supported position, require additional strength or flexibility, more stamina to enter and exit or moves that are more challenging to spot as an instructor.
Questions about the course? Click on the headings below for more information, or contact us.
Course requirements and pre-requisites
You will need:
- to hold a Spin City Spin City Foundation Aerial Silks Instructor Course certificate, or equivalent certificate
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 set of aerial silks, safely rigged in an appropriate training environment
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
Progressive footlock skills are a great way to take your students to the next level. At a basic level, progressive footlocks provide more complex or technical wraps for beginner progression students to work on at a higher level, they provide great strength and conditioning training for lifting inverts through moves such as the Arabesque Invert and Teardrop. Within this course we have also included a selection of double and triple wrap movements that we feel fit well within the Footlocks Module 2 syllabus. These moves are of a similar nature (poses that are high value with straightforward entries and exits) and they are the natural progression from aerial dance footlocks covered in the Foundation Aerial Silks course.
Footlocks Module 2 units:
- Introduction to progressive footlock work
- Progressive footlock skills
- Combinations and choreography
- Strength and conditioning drills
- Footlock safety
Course moves list
FOOTLOCK ENTRIES – RECAP
- Figure 8 Footlock, single and double in the air
- Aerial Dance Footlock, single and double in the air
PROGRESSIVE FOOTLOCK SKILLS
- Half Lock
- Half Lock Climb
- Nina’s Trick Knee Hang
- Nina’s Trick Ankle Hang
- Wrapped Coffin
- Tiny Teardrop
- Music Box
- Dinner Rolls
- Cross Knee Release
- Progressive Roll Ups
- Footlock Somersaults
- Arabesque Invert
- To Straddle
- To Gazelle
- To Middle Splits
DOUBLE AND TRIPLE WRAP SKILLS
- Triple Wrap to Knee Hang
- Single Angle Hang, split silks
- Double Ankle Hang
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.
Part 1: Combination of Moves. Film a continuous combination of 5 moves from the course syllabus.
Part 2: Core Moves Technique and Execution. Film each of the core course moves.
Compulsory moves required for technical assessment.
- Half Lock
- Arabesque Invert to Straddle
- Ankle Hang (single or double)