The Spin City Aerial Sling Beginners Instructor Course will cover the fundamental skills of aerial sling to build a strong base of knowledge in your students to help them fly. From basic mounts and seats up to an introduction to dynamic movement; this course will provide a syllabus that will allow you to ensure the safe progression of your students.
All moves in this course are demonstrated on a single point aerial sling.
ONLINE COURSE COST: £325
FACE-TO-FACE COURSE COST: £395
Questions about the course? Please contact us if you have any questions about pre-requisites or suitability for your needs.
Please note: Spin City courses are designed to certify you to teach adult participants over the age of 18 and you must be over the age of 18 to become certified.
Course requirements and pre-requisites
You will need:
- to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older
- a minimum of 1 years’ aerial sling experience (recommended)
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 sling, safely rigged in an appropriate training environment
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
- at least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older)
- basic first aid and anatomy knowledge is also recommended.
The theory section of this course will give you a range of teaching and coaching techniques to make you a confident and effective instructor, supported by relevant fitness theory covering safe warm ups and cool downs. We will also cover the practical aspects of running your classes, from business plans to session plans.
In the practical section, you will learn the first part of the Spin City aerial sling syllabus, a series of strength and conditioning techniques to help your students progress and we will complete your practical training with combinations, sequences and equipment-specific conditioning.
Coaching module units:
- Running your own business
- Choosing a venue
- Health and safety
- Class planning
- Teaching and coaching
- Combinations and choreography
- Warming up
- Strength and conditioning for beginners (ground-based)
- Cooling down
Sling module units:
- Introduction to beginners sling
- Basic mounts
- Beginners seats and stands
- Open fabric skills
- Inverted skills and beginners drops
- Beginners sling combinations
- Aerial sling strength and conditioning
Course moves list
- Step over to delilah
- Delilah mount
- Basic seat from delilah
- Basic stand from delilah
- Double hocks mount
- Stag seat
- Secretary seat
- Man in the moon
- Inside star
- Hiplock from horse
- Single leg cradle
- Lamp post
- Bow and arrow
- Cabot circus
- Standing layback
- Splits away
OPEN FABRIC SKILLS
- Open fabric seat
- Bucket seat
- Skirted lady
- Inverted mermaid
- Kneeling butterfly
- Standing butterfly
- Hiplock from gazelle climb over
- Double crochet
- Thread the needle
- Straddle tip to crucifix
- Tick tock
- Planche drop
- Salto from goddess
- Salto from gazelle
- Fish flop
- Butterfly drop
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment. Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate for each module of the course.
Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course across both modules. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.
- Class Introduction. Deliver an introduction for a typical aerial class, as outlined in the course module.
- Warm Up. Deliver a full warm up, as outlined in the course module.
- Conditioning. Teach a ground-based conditioning move, using the techniques covered in the course module.
- Cool Down. Deliver a full cool down, as outlined in the course module.
- Practical demonstration. Perform a continuous sequence of five moves from the sling syllabus.
- Teaching demonstration. Teach three individual moves (one each from units 3, 4 & 5 of the module) to at least one student of a suitable ability level.
Online learners will have 1 year from the date you enrol onto the course to complete the online study and assessment.
Face-to-face learners will have the opportunity to complete their course within the course weekend.