The Aerial Sling Foundation Instructor Training Course provides a great entry point into teaching aerial fabric for fitness, using both closed and open fabric skills. This course will provide you with the building blocks of aerial sling by covering the core skills of aerial sling with clearly identified entries and exits. The course content provided will go beyond beginners level in several areas, with any intermediate content clearly labelled and all pre-requisite skills covered to ensure safe progression for your adult students.
ONLINE COURSE COST: £325
Online course due for release after Easter 2023
Face-to-Face COURSE COST: £395
Questions about the course? Click on the headings below for more information, or contact us.
Course Requirements and Pre-requisites
You will need:
- to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older
- a minimum of 1 years’ aerial sling or silks experience (recommended)
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 aerial sling
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
- at least 1 student for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older)
- basic first aid and anatomy knowledge is also recommended
Course moves List
MOUNTS AND TRANSITIONS
- Grounded Mounts
- Pull up to sitting
- Step in to sitting
- Fold to hip hang
- Emergency Dismounts
- Front pop off
- Hocks hang release
- Delilah mount
- Pull Over to Single and Double Hocks
- Pull over to front balance (closed and open fabric)
- Sitting to front balance
- Front balance roll to sitting
- Front balance thread through to horse
- Pull over to sitting via single and double hocks
- Crucifix mount to sitting via single and double hocks
- Closed to open fabric seated transition
FOUNDATION SEATS AND STANDS
- Basic stand from sitting
- Lamp post
- Bucket seat (partial open fabric)
- Layback (open fabric)
- Back arabesque
- Front arabesque
- Gazelle (closed and open fabric)
- Single leg crochet
- Double leg crochet
BEGINNERS PROGRESSION SKILLS
- Hiplock from horse
- Hiplock from climb over
- Goddess from climb over
- Body wrap
INTERMEDIATE PROGRESSION SKILLS
- Cross back
- Knee corset
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment. Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate for each module of the course.
Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course across both modules. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.
- Class Introduction. Deliver an introduction for a typical aerial class, as outlined in the course module.
- Warm Up. Deliver a full warm up, as outlined in the course module.
- Conditioning. Teach a ground-based conditioning move, using the techniques covered in the course module.
- Cool Down. Deliver a full cool down, as outlined in the course module.
- Practical demonstration. Perform a continuous sequence of five moves from the sling syllabus.
- Teaching demonstration. Teach three individual moves from the module to at least one student.
Online learners will have 1 year from the date you enrol onto the course to complete the online study and assessment.
Face-to-face learners will have the opportunity to complete their course within the course weekend.
The theory section of this course will give you a range of teaching and coaching techniques to make you a confident and effective instructor, supported by relevant fitness theory covering safe warm ups and cool downs. We will also cover the practical aspects of running your classes, from business plans to session plans.
In the practical section, you will learn the first part of the Spin City aerial sling syllabus, a series of strength and conditioning techniques to help your students progress and we will complete your practical training with combinations, sequences and equipment-specific conditioning.
Coaching module units:
- Running your own business
- Choosing a venue
- Health and safety
- Class planning
- Teaching and coaching
- Combinations and choreography
- Warming up
- Strength and conditioning for beginners (ground-based)
- Cooling down
Sling module units:
- Introduction to foundation sling
- Foundation mounts and transitions
- Foundation seats and stands
- Basic inverts
- Progression skills
- Combinations and sequences
- Aerial sling strength and conditioning