The Spin City Instructor Courses are designed to provide progressive instructor training, building from the fundamentals of safe and effective coaching.
The Beginners Coaching Course will provide you with an introduction to coaching theory, which can be applied to all pole and aerial disciplines at a beginners level to help prepare you to you run safe and effective classes for adults in your community. This is a standalone module, which is included with our beginners level instructor training; it can be taken by teaching assistants who are preparing to assist in classes as well as experienced instructors who would like to expand or refresh their knowledge.
Online Course Cost: £145
Questions about the course? Click on the headings below for more information, or contact us.
Please note: Spin City courses are designed to certify you to teach adult participants over the age of 18 and you must be over the age of 18 to become certified.
You will need:
- To meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older.
- Access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device with an internet connection.
- A minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline).
- A device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed).
- At least 1 student for the teaching assessment (aged 18 years or older).
The theory section of this course will give you a range of teaching and coaching techniques to make you a confident and effective instructor, supported by relevant fitness theory covering safe warm ups and cool downs. We will also cover the organisational aspects of running your classes, from business plans to session plans.
The practical units will develop your understanding of how to plan and deliver safe and effective warm ups, floor-based strength and conditioning exercises and cool downs for your classes.
- Running your own business
- Choosing a venue
- Health and safety
- Class planning
- Teaching and coaching
- Combinations and choreography
- Warming up
- Strength and conditioning for beginners (ground-based)
- Cooling down
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment. Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate in beginners coaching.
Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course across both modules. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.
- Class Introduction. Deliver an introduction for a typical pole/aerial class, as outlined in the course.
- Warm Up. Deliver a full warm up appropriate for a typical pole/aerial class, including visual demonstration and verbal cueing.
- Conditioning. Teach a ground-based conditioning move, using the techniques covered in the course module.
- Cool Down. Deliver a full cool down appropriate for a typical pole/aerial class, including visual demonstration and verbal cueing.
Online learners will have 1 year from the date you enrol onto the course to complete the online study and assessment.