The Spin City Aerial Silks Beginners Instructor Course will cover the fundamental skills of aerial silks to build a strong base of knowledge in your students to help them fly. From basic footlocks skills and climbs up to an introduction to beginners drops using the hitch; this course will provide a syllabus that will allow you to ensure the safe progression of your students.
Please note: Spin City courses are designed to certify you to teach adult participants over the age of 18.
You will need:
- To meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older.
- A minimum of 1 years’ aerial silks experience (recommended).
- Access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- Access to at least 1 set of aerial silks, safely rigged in an appropriate training environment.
- A minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline).
- A device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed).
- At least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older).
- Basic first aid and anatomy knowledge is also recommended.
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Theory Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.|
Practical demonstration. Perform a continuous sequence of five moves from the silks syllabus.
Teaching demonstration. Teach three individual moves (one each from units 2, 3 & 4) to at least one student of a suitable ability level.