The Spin City Aerial Sling Intermediate Instructor course focuses on developing the basic skills taught at the beginners’ level while adding on the next block of moves in the Spin City syllabus, including an introduction to mounts into a higher sling, key wraps such as seatbelt and arabesque, and more complex dynamics. We will discuss class planning in the context of progress chains and how you can use combinations and sequences to challenge your students, avoid plateaus and ensure safe progression.
All moves in this course are demonstrated on a sling rigged to a single point.
You will need:
- To meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older.
- To hold a Spin City Aerial Sling Beginners Instructor certificate, or equivalent certificate.
- A minimum of 2 years’ aerial sling experience (recommended).
- Access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- Access to at least 1 aerial sling, safely rigged in an appropriate training environment.
- A minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline).
- A device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed).
- At least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older).
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.
|Practical demonstration. Perform a continuous sequence of five moves from the sling syllabus.
Core moves technique and execution. Perform each of the core course moves with correct technique, demonstrating level-appropriate entries and exits.
Teaching demonstration. Teach three individual moves (one each from units 4,5 & 6) to at least one student of a suitable ability level.