The Spin City Beginners Aerial Hoop Instructor Course will cover the fundamental skills of aerial hoop to build a strong base of knowledge in your students to help them fly. This course will provide you with every aspect you need to start teaching confident and effective aerial hoop classes for adults in your community.
You will need:
- a minimum of 1 years’ aerial hoop experience (recommended)
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 aerial hoop (all moves in this course are demonstrated on a single point hoop), safely rigged in an appropriate training environment
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
- at least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older)
- basic first aid and anatomy knowledge is also recommended.
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Theory Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.||Part 1: Class Introduction. Film an introduction to a typical aerial class, as outlined in the course.|
Part 2: Warm Up. Film a warm up, as outlined in the course.
Part 3: Teaching Moves. Teach 3 individual moves from the course to at least 1 student of a suitable ability level.
Part 4: Combination of Moves. Film a combination of 5 moves from the course syllabus.
Part 5: Cool Down. Film a cool down, as outlined in the course.