The Beginners Aerial Sling Instructor Training Course provides a great entry point into teaching aerial fabric for fitness, using both closed and open fabric skills. This course will provide you with every aspect you need to start teaching confident and effective aerial sling classes for adults in your community.
You will need:
- a minimum of 1 years’ aerial sling or silks experience (recommended)
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 aerial sling, safely rigged in an appropriate training environment
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
- at least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment
- basic first aid and anatomy knowledge is also recommended.
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Theory Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.||Part 1: Class Introduction. Film an introduction to a typical aerial class, as outlined in the course.|
Part 2: Warm Up. Film a warm up, as outlined in the course.
Part 3: Teaching Moves. Teach 3 individual moves from the course to at least 1 student of a suitable ability level.
Part 4: Combination of Moves. Film a combination of 5 moves from the course syllabus.
Part 5: Cool Down. Film a cool down, as outlined in the course.