The Spin City Beginners Coaching Course will provide you with relevant educational theory and practical understanding of coaching skills that can be applied to pole and aerial fitness at a beginners level to help you run safe and effective classes. The course includes extensive theory covering business planning, choosing a venue, equipment and maintenance, class planning and teaching and coaching techniques. The practical units will develop your understanding of how to plan and deliver safe and effective warm ups, floor-based strength and conditioning exercises and cool downs for your classes.
Please note: Spin City courses are designed to certify you to teach adult participants over the age of 18. This course is designed to accompany our discipline-specific certifications in order to fully certify you for your chosen area in pole and/or aerial.
You will need:
- to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older.
- Access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device with an internet connection.
- A minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline).
- A device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed).
- At least 1 student for the teaching assessment (aged 18 years or older).
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Theory Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.|
Class introduction. Deliver an introduction for a typical pole/aerial class.
Warm up. Deliver a full warm up appropriate for a typical pole/aerial class.
Teaching demonstration. Teach a ground-based conditioning move to at least one student.
Cool down. Deliver a full cool down appropriate for a typical pole/aerial class.