The Spin City Foundation Aerial Silks Blended Learning Course includes everything you need to prepare for your instructor training course.
Before the in-person course you need to:
- read through the course material
- watch the course videos in this online platform
- complete the multiple choice theory assessment.
In order to claim your certificate you need to have completed the online theory and assessment, attended the face-to-face course, and passed the final practical assessment.
You will need:
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 set of aerial silks
- a minimum of 1-2 hours’ study/training time per week
This course has two main parts to the assessment; an online theory assessment and an in-person practical assessment.
|Theory Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course (Units 1-6). Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.||Part 1: Class Introduction. Complete a class introduction for a typical aerial class, as outlined in the course.|
Part 2: Warm Up. Demonstrate a warm up, as outlined in the course.
Part 3: Teaching Moves. Teach 3 individual moves from the course to at least 1 student.
Part 4: Combination of Moves.Demonstrate a combination of 5 moves from the course syllabus.
Part 5: Cool Down. Demonstrate a cool down, as outlined in the course.