The Spin City Foundation Aerial Silks Instructor Course will cover foundational skills in aerial silks, while providing you with everything you need to start teaching aerials silks classes in your community.
You will need:
- a minimum of 1 years’ aerial silks experience (recommended)
- access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device
- access to at least 1 set of aerial silks
- a minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline)
- a device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed)
- at least 1 student for the teaching assessment
- basic first aid and anatomy knowledge is also recommended
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Theory Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course (Units 1-6). Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.||Part 1: Class Introduction. Film an introduction to a typical aerial class, as outlined in the course.|
Part 2: Warm Up. Film a warm up, as outlined in the course.
Part 3: Teaching Moves. Teach 3 individual moves from the course to at least 1 student.
Part 4: Combination of Moves. Film a combination of 5 moves from the course syllabus.
Part 5: Cool Down. Film a cool down, as outlined in the course.