The Spin City Pole Fitness Intermediate Instructor Course focuses on developing the basic skills taught at the beginners’ level while adding on the next block of moves in the Spin City syllabus, working from basic inverts up to arms only preparation. We will discuss class planning in the context of progress chains and how you can use combinations and sequences to both challenge your students, avoid move plateaus, and ensure safe progression.
This course is designed for teaching on static poles including chrome, stainless steel, brass and powder coated finishes.
You will need:
- To meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years or older.
- To hold a Spin City Pole Fitness Beginners Instructor certificate, or equivalent certificate.
- A minimum of 2 years’ pole fitness experience (recommended).
- Access to the internet via a PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- Access to at least 1 static pole, safely mounted in an appropriate training environment.
- A minimum of 2 hours’ study/training time per week (to complete the course within the 1-year deadline).
- A device to film videos on (mobile phones are allowed).
- At least 1 student of a suitable ability level for the teaching assessment (aged 18 or older).
This course has two main parts to the assessment; a theory assessment and a practical assessment.
|Theory Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Answer theory questions related to each unit of the course. Questions are multiple choice, or short answers.||Practical demonstration. Perform a continuous sequence of five moves from the pole syllabus.|
Core moves technique and execution. Perform each of the core course moves with correct technique, demonstrating level-appropriate entries and exits.
Teaching demonstration. Teach three individual moves (one each from units 4,5 & 6) to at least one student of a suitable ability level.